Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Addictive behavior



I have this guilt. It is the guilt I feel when the boys are awake. I feel like I should be putting on some sort of show at all times. I should be dancing, singing, reading or "stimulating". I have the hardest time just letting them sit in their swings or seats when they are awake. Maybe it is the Kindergarten teacher in me. It truly is exhausting. However, this is the best of both worlds. I get a break from performing and they get entertainment. This is one of their favorite activites (it better be, I spent $65.00 on it at Target one desperate day). They are addicited to the annoying nature sounds it makes and the light up butterflies. I can do my chores, check my e-mail and talk on the phone without feeling like they are missing out on me giving them some valuable brain development activity.

No comments: